Waiting, waiting, waiting....
Today is the 8-month anniversary of signing the contract with our agency. We had really hoped to have a referral by this point, but we keep telling ourselves that it will happen and when it does, the wait will be forgotten. In the meantime, we are making a point to enjoy our last few weeks of being a family of two.
The boys are in for a big change (if you don't know us that well, "the boys" are a weimaraner & a chocolate lab), and we are trying to give them extra love and attention now. Yeah, I know...where's the logic there? Give them lots of love and attention so that they REALLY feel like second-class citizens when the baby comes home and they don't get as much Mommy/Daddy time. Oh well, endulging them now appeases our guilt about leaving them for 6 weeks (although they'll be staying with Justin's parents, which is like Doggie Disneyworld) and for all the changes they're about to endure.
Riley, our weimaraner who is very much a toy-lover, has finally learned that the nursery is not his huge doggie toy room. He leaves everything in there alone now except for a stuffed weimaraner, which he's developed a special fondess for. I'm giving in and giving it to him because there's no way I'd let my child play with this mangled, spitty thing. I thought it would be cute to watch Riley carry around his "Mini Me" but now he's started gutting it and what once was cute is now a bit creepy and cannibalistic.

And not to be left out, here's Tucker and his evil twin, Rocking Tucker. Tucker is a bit unnerved by Rocking Tucker.

The boys are in for a big change (if you don't know us that well, "the boys" are a weimaraner & a chocolate lab), and we are trying to give them extra love and attention now. Yeah, I know...where's the logic there? Give them lots of love and attention so that they REALLY feel like second-class citizens when the baby comes home and they don't get as much Mommy/Daddy time. Oh well, endulging them now appeases our guilt about leaving them for 6 weeks (although they'll be staying with Justin's parents, which is like Doggie Disneyworld) and for all the changes they're about to endure.
Riley, our weimaraner who is very much a toy-lover, has finally learned that the nursery is not his huge doggie toy room. He leaves everything in there alone now except for a stuffed weimaraner, which he's developed a special fondess for. I'm giving in and giving it to him because there's no way I'd let my child play with this mangled, spitty thing. I thought it would be cute to watch Riley carry around his "Mini Me" but now he's started gutting it and what once was cute is now a bit creepy and cannibalistic.

And not to be left out, here's Tucker and his evil twin, Rocking Tucker. Tucker is a bit unnerved by Rocking Tucker.


<< Home