Monday, March 28, 2005

Claire Vader





Claire had her Darth Vader helmet on today and her breathing could be heard across Kazakhstan. She’s still very congested and she will shake her head “no” when you try to wipe her nose. Either that or she’ll bit the Kleenex like a tiny piranha (those new teeth are SHARP). Her fever is gone, though, so hopefully she’s on the mend. She was a bit more playful today, and I let her Daddy have most of the fun with her since it was their last day together for a few weeks. He will miss her (and me, I hope), but he’s very ready to get back home and back into his familiar routine. He’s already making lists of all the places he wants to eat, and I am unbelievably jealous. If he sends me photos of the food like he’s threatening to, I’m totally depending on my fellow “Birminghamsters” to take action.

Court is tomorrow at 9:30, which is 9:30 CST tonight to all of you. Justin’s got his speech down, we’ve brushed up on our Kaz history, and we can pronounce the President’s name. I think we can handle any other questions they might throw at us. So tomorrow, Claire should be officially a Sumner, and she, too, will experience the joy that is constantly telling people, “No…it’s SumNer, not SuMMer.”

We won’t get to see Claire tomorrow because court and Justin’s flight conflict with morning and afternoon visit times, so don’t race to your computers expecting to get your Claire fix on Tuesday morning. It’ll just be me & Justin, the proud new Mom & Dad of little Claire Addison SumNer.

P.S. My mom is bringing Cadbury eggs!! Joy!