Yep, still a cutie...


My mom is here! And so are my Cadbury eggs! She arrived safe and sound and was greeted at the airport by lots of paparazzi. Asel said that apparently someone very important was arriving, and I said, “Yes…my mother!” It turns out that it was the President of Georgia, though. She will meet Princess Claire tomorrow and brought lots of teething toys for her, which I’m sure will earn at least a few toothy grins from the grandbaby.
Claire was so amazing today. It’s like this morning she woke up and said, “Today I’m going to show those people with all the toys just how fun I can be!” I went into her room to get her and she was all smiles. Her favorite caregiver (this lady can make Claire stop crying and start laughing in under a second) told me to change her and then teased me for how slow I was. C’mon, with all the layers I have to put on her, it’s really like dressing three babies! When I (finally!) finished, she held up Claire’s bottle like she was drinking and pointed at me. I laughed because the way she was pantomiming, it really looked like she wanted me to drink the bottle, but I’m pretty smart and deduced that it was for Claire. She polished off her formula and we moved on to applesauce, which she hated. Is she the first baby ever to hate applesauce? She kept shaking her head when I put the spoon to her lips. Either that or she’d put it in her mouth for a second and then spew it out as hard as she could. We gave up on that quickly. And I finally figured out why she hates having her mouth wiped. The type of cloth they use for bibs is not very soft. It’s like mildly abrasive gauze. I wouldn’t want someone wiping it across my face either.
Without Justin here, it’s really much easier to sort through our daily photographs. One, because apparently his entire body convulses when he takes a photograph, leading to excessive amounts of blurry Claire shots. And two, because I don’t have to have his approval before I delete one of these blurry photographs. Here’s a typical conversation:
Me: This one goes.
Justin: No, it’s adorable.
Me: It goes without saying that all photos of Claire are adorable, but this one is so blurry that you can’t even make out her face.
Justin: But look at that pink line. Isn’t that her mouth? Do you think she was smiling? We can’t delete a photo of her smiling!
Oh, Daddy is a sucker. But we miss him.

<< Home