Grandma meets Claire Bear


Sorry for the delayed post. Apparently our landlady forgot to pay the phone bill and when I tried to get online, I got a voice saying, “Your phone line has been disconnected for nonpayment.” Asel had to call her and she went to pay the bill yesterday, but it took them a while to get the phone switched back on. Go easy on the landlady – she just had a baby last week, so I’m sure she’s had a few other things on her mind.
Grandma met Miss Claire this afternoon, and I think she might like her. Claire was all smiles when we went to pick her up, and of course, Grandma was, too. We got to change her (I rebelled and just put a t-shirt under her sleeper and no one said a thing!), and then we whisked her away for playtime. Claire must not have had a good nap today because she only played for about an hour and spent the last hour rubbing her face and yawning. This gave Grandma plenty of opportunities to say, “Awww,” and hold her, though.
My mom has asked me to explain the lure of the yellow star teether to the masses and just exactly why Claire has it in her mouth all the time. Yes, she sticks it so far back in her mouth that it looks like she’s choking on it in a lot of the pictures, but that’s because it vibrates, which I’m sure feels good on those painful new chompers. And if she smiles or opens her mouth while it’s in there, the noise reverberates off of her cheeks and the noise is deafening. If there are other families in the room, they usually come over to see what the racket is. So if you, like my mom, thought we were letting our baby choke on a giant yellow star, I assure you we weren’t. She’s generally the one ramming it down her own throat and if you dare to remove it, it’s usually met with quite a bit of protest.

<< Home